Saturday 20 August 2011

Renee the builder...putting together my new workspace!

This week has been a very busy week. A good week, because Sarah and I got together and did a lot of brainstorming about where we want Little Red Hood to go.  We also did a lot of laughing at each other 'til we cried (love those moments when you are so deliriously tired you can't stop laughing). One more day, and I finish my regular work week.  Ahhhh.  I can feel my body starting to relax already!  As for Little Red Hood, we are so excited to be making so much progress with our spring/summer clothing range.  But with all that sewing to do, I personally needed to create a space where I could stretch everything out.

So on my last break, my partner and I ventured off to the busiest store in Perth.  Ikea.  That place is best visited on a weekday I think.  It was packed!  I have a small room I am now using to create for Little Red Hood, so we wanted to find a table that would make the most of the space, and not cost a fortune.  Ikea is great because you can vary how you put a lot of their units together.  You can have drawers underneath, or cupboards, or add matching shelving.  It all depends on how much you want to spend and how you want your space set up.  I love it!

We decided to get a corner unit, and so far it is working out perfectly!  We got it all home in flat packs, and the man of the house set about teaching me how to put it all together! He is gorgeous!  Introducing me to the electric drill.  I love that thing!  Working together we slowly put it all together.


That's the first drawer, and I was pretty excited!  It's not as hard as I thought it would be.


Before long, it looked like this!  I know it looks like I am so proud because I put it together ALL BY MYSELF.  But the truth is I had a lot of help from my significant other : )


So many parts, for one little cupboard!  Thank goodness for picture instructions.


Putting together what becomes the comfiest chair IN THE WORLD, and starting to get a wee bit tired!


And....dadada da dada daaaaa!  Introducing my sewing room.  Ok, I know it needs that personal touch, a picture on the wall, a lamp or two.  But so far, I am incredibly happy with what we put together.  And when I have time to stop working, and sewing, I will pretty this baby up!  Will keep you posted on how it all comes together.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  I am.
Renee xox

2 comments:

  1. i love it. what a great space. i like the white too. well done to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's gorgeous Renee!!! well done on putting all that together ;) loving that chair too! can't wait to see it evolve XO

    ReplyDelete